Manager, STEM Network
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Manager, STEM Network. This position is located in Nashville, TN.
Director of a diverse statewide STEM network committed to expanding STEM learning opportunities for all students in Tennessee. Maintains relationships and creates partnerships with key stakeholders across the state while working closely with the Executive Director of STEMx and senior leaders to create and implement a work plan that operationalizes the mission, vision, goals and strategies of the state network.
- Works to amplify the profile of the state network and of Battelle as an expert in STEM education.
- Identifies and develops partnerships to support the sustainability of the state network.
- Builds and maintains realtionships with key stakeholders in and out of the State. Determines, recommends, and executes strategies in accordance with the Network’s mission, vision, goals, and partnership with the State of Tennessee.
- Identifies, shares, and develops quality STEM educational practices disseminated through the networks regional partners and state platforms. Shares and exchanges across the Network, and with other state STEM networks. Develops additional tools based on quality models.
- Possesses an understanding of the legislative process and maintains close partnerships with state legislators and staff, appropriate state government agencies, and committees charged with addressing issues affecting STEM education. Maintains relationships with STEM industry leaders. Staffs, plans, and convenes all meeting of the network’s advisory council.
- Identifies, coordinates and advances STEM communications and advocacy in the state and advocates for STEM priorities with Battelle nationally. Establishes appropriate forums for advocacy and sharing of promising practices, including the planning and execution of an annual statewide conference.
- Mobilizes resources working to meet or exceed all project goals.
- Facilitates on-going interactions between the network’s regional STEM hubs and their associated education stakeholders to advance sharing and collaboration.
- Provides oversight for all state projects, including management of stakeholders who are supporting such projects.
- Creates, oversees and drives project plans, deliverables, and schedules and budgets in close coordination with the Executive Director of STEMx and appropriate project management staff, ensuring successful execution of all.
- Works closely with Battelle senior leadership and state stakeholders to diversify funding of network’s initiatives to support sustainability.
- Oversees and organizes a small staff, including communications, project management, and administrative support, and interface closely with the Executive Director of STEMx and other senior leaders to support effective network operations.
- Assumes responsibility and seeks opportunities for personal and professional growth and development, keeping current on educational literature, research, and strategies.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business administration, or educational leadership with at least 5 years of experience in a nonprofit entity, and covering areas such as relationship and project management; or equivalent education and years of experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Must demonstrate the abilities to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages to stakeholders, build consensus through collaboration and mobilize coalitions, and expand public-private partnerships are required.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated relationship builder with high energy and ability to serve as a unifying force.
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- Demonstrated initiative/self-starter with the ability to work independently; entrepreneurial and enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers