Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Logistics Specialist. This position located in Aberdeen, MD.
The Logistics Specialist will work in the Product, Engineering and Readiness (PERS) Support Business Line of the Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Business Unit. Battelle's CBRNE Defense business unit is committed to protecting our nation against chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive (CBRNE) threats. Applying expertise across the globe, CBRNE Defense employees specialize in CBRNE-related sciences, intelligence, engineering, protection readiness, product design and manufacturing, and logistics. The business unit provides clients with understanding, prediction and assessment of the risks, hazards and threats posed by CBRNE materials and those who would use them nefariously. At the same time, the business unit helps clients prepare for these threats by testing and evaluating defensive equipment and procedures, developing and manufacturing CBRNE defense products and integrating them into fielded systems, and providing training and logistics support across the globe.
The Logistics Specialist will work in the PERS Business Line alongside researchers, scientists, engineers, designers, and technicians to develop technical documentation to support development and fielding of detector products and integrated systems primarily for US Government and commercial markets. The ideal candidate is proactive, eager to learn, and can view problems analytically and creatively. Although technical competence and critical thinking skills are expected, emphasis is placed on technical problem solving, effectiveness, and flexibility.
The selected candidate will work with a team environment with responsibility for development and recommending support/sustainment solutions for major CBRNE Defense engineering and product RDT&E or life cycle support activities. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Lead Integrated Product Team meetings, with cross disciplinary membership to include internal and external stakeholders
- Develop and document Logistics Support Analyses, in accordance with MIL-HDBK-502, Product Support Analysis and GEIA-STD-0007, Logistics Product Data Handbook
- Develop and execute a Reliability and Maintainability (R&M) Program
- Develop reliability analyses and predictions in accordance with DI-SESS-81497, to include mathematical modeling with reliability block diagrams
- Perform Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) Analyses and provide data GEIA-STD-0007B
- Plan and oversee development of Level of Repair Analyses (LORA)
- Develop corrective, preventive, and other support / maintenance tasks using key Systems Engineering activities, such as Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis (FMECA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), LORA and RCM
- Perform Maintenance Task Analysis (MTA) and create Maintenance Allocation Charts (MAC) for developmental systems
- Develop, implement, and execute a plan for monitoring supply chain in accordance with DI-MGMT-81899, Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Implementation Plan
- Perform analyses involving Life Cycle Cost and Total Ownership Cost focused on operations and support cost estimating
- Develop Depot Maintenance Work Requirements (DMWR)
- Conduct Provisioning and other Pre-procurement analyses including Provisioning Parts Lists (PPLs)
- Assign Source, Maintenance, & Recoverability (SMR) codes
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- B.S. degree with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated program management skills to include conception and initiation, planning, execution, performance/monitoring, and project close
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams, excellent people skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills to senior management to include program status and program reviews for both internal and external customers
- Demonstrated experience with all 12 ILS product support elements with emphasis on supporting the development of new hardware and software systems
- Ability to understand technical requirements, their impact on logistics elements, and provide design recommendations
- Ability to interpret and comprehend complex engineering drawings, wire lists, parts lists, manufacturing work instructions
- Experience using PTC Windchill software for conducting reliability predictions
- Experience using the Computerized Optimization Model for Predicting and Analyzing Support and Structures (COMPASS) tool for conducting Level of Repair Analyses (LORA)
Must be a US CITIZEN with ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Ability to develop business development and capture strategies for large and complex client opportunities, including building teams and capability sets with other companies
- Familiarity with government contracting requirements and experience with proposal process
- Must have the ability to translate system requirements into functional requirements and have technical proposal writing skills
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#clearance #linkedin #indeedcampaign