Quality Inspector - Manufacturing
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector. This position located in Dublin, Ohio.
- Perform inspection of circuit card assemblies to verify compliance to soldering standards including IPC-610 and J-STD-001.
- Perform inspections of mechanical components using calibrated tools such as calipers, micrometers, and height gages to verify compliance to engineering drawings.
- Perform inspections of electro-mechanical assemblies to verify purchased and or manufactured product meets build requirements.
- Review manufacturing build records for accuracy and good documentation practices prior to product release.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- 3-6 years of experience building and inspecting circuit card assemblies applying the requirements from IPC-610 and J-STD-001
- Certification to IPC-610 and/or J-STD-001
- 3-5 years of experience performing incoming inspections using calipers, micrometers and height gages
- Prior experience performing quality inspections in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of ISO, AS9100, or ISO 13485 Quality Management System Requirements
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other QMS software (e.g., Pilgrim).
- Must be a US Citizen
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Certification and/or working knowledge to IPC-620
- Able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#linkedin #clearance #indeedcampaign