Technical Manual Developer
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Technical Manual Developer. This position located in Aberdeen, MD.
Battelle is seeking a Technical Manual Developer to work in the Product, Engineering, & Readiness Support (PERS) Business Line of the Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosives (CBRNE) Business Unit. Battelle's CBRNE Defense business unit is committed to protecting our nation against chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive (CBRNE) threats. Applying expertise across the globe, CBRNE Defense employees specialize in CBRNE-related sciences, intelligence, engineering, protection readiness, product design and manufacturing, and logistics. The business unit provides clients with understanding, prediction and assessment of the risks, hazards and threats posed by CBRNE materials and those who would use them nefariously. At the same time, the business unit helps clients prepare for these threats by testing and evaluating defensive equipment and procedures, developing and manufacturing CBRNE defense products and integrating them into fielded systems, and providing training and logistics support across the globe.
The Technical Manual Developer will work in the PERS Business Line alongside researchers, scientists, engineers, designers, and technicians to develop technical documentation to support development and fielding of detector products and integrated systems primarily for US Government and commercial markets. The ideal candidate is proactive, eager to learn, and can view problems analytically and creatively. Although technical competence and critical thinking skills are expected, emphasis is placed on technical problem solving, effectiveness, and flexibility.
The candidate will support development of new products or support of already fielded products by developing technical documentation to include Technical Manuals and Training Support Packages along with the planning and execution of training events. The candidate will also contribute to technical proposals or client briefings to capture new business. Travel will be required. Responsibilities include:
- Developing Technical Manuals for military and industrial applications
- Expert knowledge of developing Technical Manuals specifically as applied to Operator (-10) and Maintainer (-23&P)
- Extensive familiarity with DoD specifications MIL-STD-40051, MIL-HDBK-1222, MIL-STD-2361, and MIL-STD-38784
- Familiarity with military (U.S. Army) maintenance concepts to include the Army's two-level maintenance concept and maintenance allocation chart (MAC) use in TM development
- Expert knowledge of developing Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs)
- Interpret and convert information (e.g. engineering models, drawings, schematics, spreadsheets, etc.) into end-user military standard (MIL STD) documentation and reference materials such as Maintenance Allocation Charts (MAC), repair parts and special tools lists
- Demonstrable experience in acquiring and verifying Technical Manual content by interviewing subject matter experts engaged in developing products and services
- Plan, lead, and execute complex tasks related to Technical Manual Development
- Provide cost, schedule, and budget estimates for business development / proposals related to Technical Manual Development or Training activities
- Perform routine and ad-hoc tasking is support of time-sensitive projects
- Provide routine status updates to both program and line management
- Manage control accounts by monitoring budgets, providing variance analyses, and performing estimates to complete
- Generate training support packages in accordance with (MIL standards for all branches of the service) or commercial standards.
- Plan, lead, and execute Technical Manual Validation, Logistics Demonstration, and/or Technical Manual Verification events (as Government, OEM or Contractor).
- Support Product Development activities by providing input as it relates to required operation and maintenance activities
- Support Logistics Planning Analyses, such as Level of Repair Analyses (LORA), and Maintenance Task Analysis
- Expert level proficiency with editing and production tools, to include FrameMaker, MS
- Word, XML/ SGML composition tools, etc.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8-10 years of related experience
- Familiarity Chemical and Biological Defense missions within the DOD or NGB CST
- Ability to critically review technical documentation and provide constructive feedback
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong communication skills to enable effective interactions with various engineering and scientific disciplines, end-users and client program offices
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Relevant experience in military documentation development
- Relevant experience planning and executing military training events
- Familiarization with Power Log, COMPASS, and graphics development
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- One or more of the following Military Occupational Specialties (MOS):
- 72A Nuclear Medical Science Officer
- 72D Environmental Science Officer
- 68W Health Care Specialist
- 43T3 Biomedical Laboratory Officer
- 4T0X1 Laboratory Technician
- 4B0X1 Bio-environmental Engineering Technician.
- 70H Medical Operations Officer
- 68K Medical Laboratory Specialist
- 68R Veterinary Food Inspection Specialist
- 64A Veterinary Corps Officer
- 68S Preventive Medicine Specialist
- 71B Biochemist/Physiologist
- 71A Microbiologist
- 64E Veterinary Corps Officer
- 61G Infectious Disease Officer
- Ability to develop CONOPs that synergize technologies with tactical applications
- Experience developing proposals to capture new business or expand current client engagement
- U.S. Citizen with a current/active DoD Secret security clearance
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#linkedin #clearance #indeedcampaign
#linkedin #indeedcampaign #clearance