Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer. This position located in Arlington VA.
Battelle’s Critical Infrastructure and Security & Resilience Business Line group is seeking a Configuration Management (CM) Systems Engineer to support the research, development, test and evaluation of security systems and technology for both the Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration. This is a full-time position and the selected candidate will work in Battelle’s Crystal City Operations in Arlington, Virginia.
Primary responsibilities include providing hardware and software technical systems analysis for transportation security equipment to evaluate the holistic system and how potential changes would affect system operation/performance. This includes Configuration Management (CM) support for a government client using guidance from MIL-STD-973, MIL-HDBK-61A, ANSI/EIA 649A, and/or ISO 10007.
Specific activities include:
- Support ongoing development and administration of the TSA Systems Integration Facility (TSIF) configuration management program.
- Lead establishment of initial configuration baselines and perform configuration audits for systems entering test.
- Perform systems engineering critical functions analysis and gap analysis to ensure proposed configuration items (CIs) are suitable.
- Support TSA’s configuration control board process.
- Serve as the TSIF point of contract for technology vendors regarding management of system configuration.
Work is performed at the TSIF located at the Ronald Reagan Nation Airport. Candidates should have strong oral and written communication skills and be capable of working multiple tasks in parallel and under tight deadlines. Additionally, candidates should also have excellent computer skills including expertise in the use of applicable Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- The candidate must have a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience including systems analysis support is required.
- The candidate must be able to travel, be a self-starter, and a team player. Travel is expected to be up to 10%.
- Sole US Citizenship with the eligibility and willingness to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret
- Security Clearance and to obtain TSA Security Suitability.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Already possess a Secret Security Clearance.
- Already possess TSA Security Suitability.
- Configuration Management training and/or certification
- Experience with TSA and/or the test and evaluation of Transportation Security Equipment (TSE).
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers