Administrative Security Specialist
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Security Specialist. This position is located in Charlottesville, VA.
Provides broad administrative support to the Charlottesville office and ensures fully functioning office. Administers regional office for smooth operations. Responsible for the accountability of classified items stored on site and the steady flow of classified material in and out of the office. This position does not include physical security or facility security responsibilities. Familiarity with the NISPOM requirements and FSO experience are required for this position.
- Acts as point person for both internal and external contacts; advises others regarding Battelle organization, policies, points of contact, etc.
- Assist staff with time cards, travel requests, expense reports, small purchase orders, etc.
- Maintain current, accurate and complete files and documentation of office procedures and contact lists.
- Greet guests and ensure that their visit is coordinated with the appropriate members of the staff.
- Schedule meetings for office staff and visitors. Arrange catering as required.
- Receive and track invoices for office operations and ensure the purchase orders for facility requirements are up to date; create new purchase orders as necessary.
- Coordinate with office staff to identify supply needs and initiate re-supply as needed. Ability to coordinate a non-standard work schedule with existing staff members
- Serves as regional facility point of contact, coordinates security, facility, network requirements.
- Ensure building/suite maintenance is contracted and performed. Expedite communications with proprietor of office property for property needs and requirements.
- Maintain knowledge of office professional practices and requirements; use this knowledge to recommend internal policies and procedures related to the group.
- Assist with staff on-boarding and off-boarding
- Assisting and/or creating solutions for the protection of all aspects of a classified program to include personnel, physical, information, and acquisition.
- Ensure compliance and security education utilizing the requirements set forth in the NISPOM and other specific guidance as required.
- May conduct security education classes.
- Investigates security violations and prepares reports specifying preventive action to be taken.
- Performs functions required to obtain security clearances for Battelle staff and others, as directed, to support their efforts on classified programs, emergencies and visits.
- Performs briefing and debriefing of Battelle staff and others, as directed, when appropriate.
- Advises and assists staff with Communication Security (COMSEC) requirements. May serve as a COMSEC custodian and maintain COMSEC records.
- Other duties as assigned
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Initiative and the ability to think, work and act independently with minimal supervision; adjust to changing client focus and office staff priorities to establish work priority.
- Must be organized and detail oriented. Must be capable of ensuring that a wide range of different activities (technical, business development, and administrative) are done on time and at a high quality
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Familiarity with office administrative procedures and document preparation.
- Excellent PC skills with general knowledge of Microsoft software suite of programs.
- Sole US Citizen and current Government security clearance – minimum of SECRET level.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience within security, or relevant experience
- Working knowledge of NISPOM
- Proficient in SIMS or similar security database software
- Willingness and ability to obtain DSS FSO Certification within 6 months of job placement
- Knowledge of the company that includes an understanding of the relationships, roles, missions and responsibilities of the different business groups; an understanding and sensitivity to the relationship between the corporation and the local community and issues as they relate to office operations
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers