Cisco Network Engineer - Voice
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Cisco Network Engineer-Voice. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
This IT professional will be responsible for planning, configuration, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of the enterprise network / telecommunication systems. This position will provide incident response, operational monitoring, and act as an expert technical resource to the organization. With general direction, analyses of LAN/WAN systems, including planning, designing, evaluating selection operating systems and protocol suites. Resolves complex inter-operability problems to maintain operations across all platforms. Configures complex systems to user environments.
- Performs network needs assessment and evaluates new technology to improve network performance.
- Provides advanced day-to-day systems analysis and support for monitoring, troubleshooting, configuring, reporting, implementing, installing, and upgrading core infrastructure hardware and software for regional and corporate offices on complex projects.
- Provides advanced technical expertise, consulting, and support to staff members. Recommends appropriate actions to improve operations. Recommends and designs new monitoring strategies/software as appropriate.
- Implements, installs, and upgrades operating systems and core infrastructure applications/hardware on multiple computing devices.
- Engages external vendors when needed to resolve complex problems or bugs.
- Acts as a key member of the Networking Team by providing monitoring, investigation, and ongoing support to help maintain a high level of availability of systems.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established practices and policies.
- Provides guidance and advice to less experienced staff members. May provide training or direct the work of lower level staff.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Network Communications, or equivalent work experience with at least 5-8 years’ related experience.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Solutions.
- Strong background in Cisco IP routing and switching technologies.
- Demonstrate skills in analyzing and troubleshooting complex voice and networking problems.
- Experience coordinating circuit orders and problem resolution with telecommunication providers.
- Experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Point installation.
- Experience operating a wide area network over MPLS solutions from telecommunication providers.
- Ability to develop and communicate procedures to ensure the highest possible levels of system uptime.
- Requires a background that would not preclude a security clearance granted.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Cisco certifications
- Familiarity with:
o QoS configuration / troubleshooting
o Network Access Control technologies / 802.1X
o Palo Alto / Panorama
o Aastra / Intecom / Mitel Pointspan PBX
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers