Supplier Diversity Representative
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Supplier Diversity Representative This position is located in Columbus, OH.
Establishes supplier diversity goals in partnership with program managers and procurement professionals. Supports external diversity engagement at various functions and represents Battelle at Supplier Diversity Outreach events.
- Assists in preparation of required reporting as well as input of data into the Government Reporting System.
- Ensures small business plans and reports are accurately prepared and submitted on time.
- Reviews supplier subcontracting plans and reports for the utilization of small businesses.
- Works effectively with procurement and program managers to drive small business results on projects.
- Assist at Supplier Diversity events and forums representing Battelle
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external clients.
- Supports the Office of Supplier Diversity (OSD) Manager to implement strategic vision.
- Assists with OSD Policy and Procedures development and execution.
- Identify and recommend continuous improvements in reporting system and other OSD processes.
- Anticipates OSD challenges and recommends solutions
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit
Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree with 0-2 years’ experience with Supplier Diversity, Sourcing, or Governmental Contracting; or equivalent education and years of experience.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritize activities and multi-task to drive maximum benefit and the ability to complete tasks and initiatives with minimal amount of supervision.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers