Sr. Supplier Diversity Specialist
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Supplier Diversity Specialist. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
Represents Battelle’s supplier diversity program to the supplier business community and related Government customer agencies, particularly Small Business Administration (SBA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA). Ongoing, high degree of visibility to senior management across Battelle external advocacy groups that represent minority-owned, woman-owned and various small businesses, supplier diversity professionals from other companies and representatives of Government customer agencies.
- Creates and oversees program activities that improve compliance and participation of small business firms in Battelle Develops and implements strategies and programs and works directly with the business unit managers to fill Small Business gaps in their various programs.
- Provides support to business development activities related to small business participation; incorporating small business plans into strategic business development efforts.
- Coordinates and works in concert with other Small Business officers across Battelle managed or co-managed labs for program assistance, consistency and application of best practices.
- Renders compliance reports to Government agencies on a periodic basis; which requires on-going development and analysis of metrics.
- Tracks performance and compliance monitoring of the contract programs and develops and communicates action plans. Provides continuous improvement of all aspects of the Supplier Diversity program.
The Following Requirements Must be Met to be Considered for this Position:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years’ experience in government small business contracting and subcontracting for complex services and systems and a good working knowledge of Supplier Diversity and the Federal Acquisition Regulations; or equivalent education and years of experience.
- Outstanding and demonstrable written communications and verbal presentation skills also required.
- Ability to construct compelling, fresh, persuasive presentations and to work effectively across functional lines in a team environment.
- Knowledge and proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Ability to travel 25% of the time.
The Following is Desired, but not Required to be Considered for this Position:
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Part 19.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers