Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Statistician III. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
- Perform sophisticated modeling and analyses of datasets in order to answer specific research questions.
- Determine appropriate methods, fill in technical details, identify problems and implement solutions, developing new methods.
- Oversee others in extracting data from existing databases or literature and preparing data for statistical/bio-statistical analysis.
- Support government, academic, and private industry clients in the areas of healthcare, national defense, environmental, education, transportation, and energy.
- Participate in multiple, assigned research projects with minimal supervision and within time and budget constraints.
- Organize data from many different types of sources and at significantly varying scales for subsequent statistical/bio-statistical analysis.
- Critically evaluate data for quality measures such as completeness, accuracy, and applicability, applying understanding of relevant research area nomenclature.
- Solve unusual problems using a combination of appropriate statistics, bio-statistics, and machine learning methods.
- Create technical reports and presentations, describing results with tables, graphs, and software tools in a manner that the client can understand.
- Present research results to clients and participate in scientific conferences, peer review panels, and increase company visibility through publications.
- Build relationships with internal and external clients.
- Support business development efforts led by others.
- Plan and carry out appropriate professional self-development activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- PhD degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Biostatistics, Physics, or Computer Science. Foreign equivalent degrees are acceptable.
- In addition to the degree, the position requires any amount of experience gained at any time in the following: Manipulating and analyzing data (e.g., regression, classification, mixed and generalized linear models, data visualization); Analyzing computer experiments, sequential design, and multiobjective optimization; and
- Programming experience in R and/or Matlab.
Applicants must be authorized for permanent employment in the United States.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers