Textile Testing Technician
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Our Chemical Biological Research Team is currently seeking a Textile Testing Technician. This position is located in Natick, Massachusetts.
- Testing of a variety of materials and garments with multiple end uses for a multitude of physical properties including but not limited to: weight, tensile strength, tear strength, abrasion resistance, colorfastness, dimensional stability, pH, moisture vapor transfer, etc.
- Calibration of equipment as necessary or regulated.
- Preparation of test samples and proper documentation of received samples.
- Accurate documentation of results, including analysis and reporting.
- Discussion of results and findings, recommendations as needed or requested.
- Follow all test procedures and adhere to ISO certification guidelines.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- High school diploma or Textile Degree with at least two years of related experience
- Demonstrated ability to operate basic equipment and follow standard procedures
- Familiarity with the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC)
- Familiarity American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#linkedin #clearancejobs #indeedcampaign