Corporate Information Technology Service Desk Co-op (Spring 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Corporate Information Technology Service Desk Co-op for Spring 2018. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
The IT Service Desk Co-op will support our Service Desk team as part of Battelle’s Corporate Information Technology (CIT) organization. The Service Desk provides a central point of contact for IT technical support and problem resolution. The selected candidate will work with the user service specialists, IT specialists and other support teams while performing tasks as a general support agent. The co-op will have daily interaction with IT employees to gain practical experience, perform functions in a training capacity while utilizing their technical, organizational, and administrative skills. The co-op will work on assignments where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. In addition, gathering and organizing data for use in supporting decision making processes is essential.
- Provide first level contact by answering incoming questions by phone, incident/request tracking system, chat and email
- Assisting staff members in IT problem recognition and resolution
- Creating and monitoring incidents tickets and service requests
- Provide general support for business applications, operating systems, utility software, remote access, security software
- Assisting in the development of user documentation
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Must be enrolled in a university or college and majoring in Computer Science, Computer Information Sciences, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or other relevant field
- At least two years of college-level coursework completed
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Possess a basic understanding of computer information systems (hardware and software)
- Self-motivation; ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Ability to document status of tasks with high attention to detail
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers