Cyber Project / Program Manager
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Cyber Project / Program Manager. This position is in Chantilly, VA. Come in for an interview to find out why Battelle is right for you.
Do you like working on teams that solve the hardest computing problems in the world, working on research projects you are passionate about, and competitive mini basketball, and bumper pool? Battelle may be the company for you.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in leadership and management of programs with high client and/or Battelle impact and investment. Leading a team supporting Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (ID/IQ) contracts and task orders (TOs) to include negotiating with clients and teammates on fast-paced competitive proposals while executing long term capture plans; and, growing and expanding the Battelle market share and building strong client relationships is paramount.
Battelle Cyber Engineers solve the toughest Computer Science problems in the world. We work in small agile teams to push the bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered computer labs include specialized software and hardware so our engineers have everything they need to invent new Cyber solutions.
Our team is casual. We usually wear t-shirts and jeans. We are a close-knit group and enjoy participating in social activities outside of work. Whether it is visiting local restaurants, bowling, Korean BBQ, or paintball we always have a good time.
Battelle is committed to its employee’s professional growth. We encourage new ideas with our large Internal Research and Development (IRAD) program where engineers work on projects they are passionate about.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Develops and implements strategic and operational business plans which define the market focus and operational services the assigned group will provide to clients.
- Acts as an effective Project Manager for contracts/task orders with annual expected business volume of $>10M within an organization requiring coordination of geographically dispersed project teams and subcontractors, leading to strong long-term client relationships.
- Assists in expanding Battelle’s reputation within the client by providing leadership in proposal development and project management to advance the Cyber Innovations Business strategy.
- Responsible for the overall financial performance of the assigned group including attaining gross business volume, net income, and intellectual property goals as well as maximizing profitability, cost control and investment decisions. Manages resource expenditures including percent time on project for staff, capital equipment, marketing, and internal research and development budgets.
- Plans, initiates and performs marketing activities to identify potential clients, new business segments, potential teaming partners, and viability of methods and technologies in the cyber market place to maximize business opportunities. Contributes to proposals and bid/no bid decision processes. Establishes pricing policy and specific pricing practices.
- Performs manpower planning and assures appropriate staffing levels and skill mix commensurate with the business. Directs and organizes staff assignments to various projects.
- Manages human resource activities such as developing recruiting strategy and hiring staff, establishing performance goals and appraising performance, and providing opportunities for career development. Manages relationships of staff and other groups. Provides necessary training and mentor opportunities for staff
- Directs efforts to produce efficient sales results and assures that sales investments are consistent with the business strategic thrusts.
- Works across Battelle to ensure continuity and coordination in the areas of business development, client management, program management and opportunity expansion. Plans effective teaming arrangements, establishes shared accountabilities and shared returns, and monitors results. Manages facility and equipment needs including space requirements, new facility and modification decisions, and procurement for home office and offsite locations.
- Train, mentor, and provide project and proposal management leadership to other Battelle staff and team members.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clients and federal agencies and their staff. Exhibits clear understanding of customer requirements in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the development of major program metrics and baselines from customer needs, market trends and budget data assessment.
- Implements, executes and communicates the policies and strategic emphasis of top management to staff. Integrates decisions into operating policies.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years of experience including previous project/program and capture management experience for federal programs, identifying project opportunities, leading proposals and project/program teams, and contributing to overall capture planning and business growth.
- Direct program management experience executing multi-million dollar projects as an integral member of a geographically dispersed, highly-skilled team performing vulnerability research and exploit development.
- Comprehensive management experience of projects/programs in software development, agile development process, quick reaction development, computer network operations.
- Experience working with functional support organizations to plan, organize, staff, report, coordinate, control, identify/mitigate risk, and direct all phases of programs/projects from inception through completion.
- Ability to apply Independent thought to identify and resolve problems associated with the development and implementation of complex projects and programs
- Ability to exert influence on the overall objectives and long-range strategic goals of the organization. Interact with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between several organizations
- Communication skills that are effective at all levels of the organization including senior management and engineering staff, client organizations, subcontractors, and consulting forums.
- Must be a sole US citizen with an active Top-Secret clearance and with SCI eligibility and possible polygraph.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Certifications applicable to Project Management, e.g. PMP
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.