Security Specialist IV
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Security Specialist IV. This position located in Chantilly, VA.
The Security Specialist IV serves as the Contractor Special Security Officer (CSSO) or Contract Program Security Officer (CPSO) for sensitive compartmented and non-DoD programs serviced through the Government Security office. Manages SCI access issues. Is the primary security point of contact for Battelle staff, clients, consultants and subcontractors serviced through the Government Security office. Can demonstrate persuasive writing skills by authoring and defending complex justifications for security findings or positions or the procurement of high value items. Can author and edit new, overarching security policies and edit existing ones. Provides strong mentoring, technical guidance, and oversight to other senior staff members. Guides and facilitates collaboration across multiple organizational units that are complex in nature and/or large in size. Can be trusted to make important client and/or senior leadership presentations on a stand-alone basis.
- Interprets government security regulations and applies them as necessary to the security program through the establishment of procedures and interaction with staff to ensure awareness and compliance.
- Monitors all security related operations and daily activities. Routinely meets with facility and program managers to discuss various client contractual needs.
- Responsible for security program self-inspections and preparations related to the annual client security vulnerability assessments and inspections.
- Completes investigations into security incidents and filing the required reports to government agencies.
- Develops and presents security briefings that include new staff security orientation, initial security clearance, refresher security clearance, and contract/topic specific briefings as needed.
- Oversees classified document control functions. Conducts property inventories as needed and educates staff on the proper procedures.
- Acts as the focal point for physical security and emergency management activities at regional offices.
- May participate in the annual budget process for submission to the manager.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Criminal Justice, Security Management or any similar liberal arts curriculum with 7 years’ experience or equivalent relevant experience.
- Must be a Certified Facility Security Officer and Contractor Special Security Office.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a defense contractor setting or security role in the military is beneficial
- Current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Functional knowledge of government regulations, NISPOM, DCID, and ICDs
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#linkedin #clearance #indeedcampaign