Medical Products Cybersecurity Threat and Risk Assessment Lead
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Medical Products Cybersecurity Threat and Risk Assessment Lead. This position located in Columbus, OH.
Battelle’s Consumer, Industrial, and Medical Business Line is hired by external companies from startups to Fortune 100 to assist them with their product development needs. Clients choose to work with us because of a proven track record for developing innovative and marketable solutions to challenging technical problems. A significant portion of our work is focused on developing medical devices. This has included projects for mass produced drug delivery devices, immunodiagnostic systems, surgery tools, large scale imaging systems, and more. Regardless of whether the device is in the user’s hands or part of a larger system of care, they all are driven by the same ambition - to positively affect the user’s health outcome.
- Leads the execution of threat assessment efforts for medical product development projects, through the application of experience and technical mastery.
- Develops the risk mitigation/contingency action and implements plans.
- Task Leadership
- Leads team in the development and presentation of technical briefings tailored to the client’s mission and level of technical understanding.
- Communicates with client regarding schedule and quality of deliverables.
- Supports task leadership of cybersecurity analysis activities including scope, schedule, cost monitoring, controlling, and reporting.
- Business Development
- Demonstrates understanding of our capabilities and offerings and clearly articulates them to current and potential clients.
- Serves as proposal author for small projects or prepares technical sections of larger proposals.
- Assists with the coordination of and participates in Battelle-sponsored marketing events or conferences and works independently or with a team to investigate new project opportunities.
- Participates in scientific conferences, peer review panels, and/or increases company visibility through publications.
- Business Acumen
- Lead or contribute toward internal capability growth strategies and execution
- Demonstrates general knowledge of budgeting and financial concepts and uses understanding of individual and project impact to the business unit to inform decision making.
- Demonstrates understanding of current business conditions and success factors critical to our long-term sustainability and competitiveness. Provides strategic input to the business.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree and 8- 10 years applicable experience.
- M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree and 5- 8 years applicable experience.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree and 2 - 5 years applicable experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in cybersecurity or related field.
- 5 years of experience with threat modeling, risk management framework (RMF), and other risk management guidance including NIST 800-30, AAMI TIR-57, STRIDE, CVSS v3, and other relevant standards.
- Experience in task management, planning and leading activities.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, organized, and a problem solver who works well both alone and with a team.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience with ISO 14971 desired.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers