Space Planner and Design Specialist
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Space Planner and Design Specialist. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
The position supports Real Estate Planning, Administration and Facility Services and will participate in all phases of the space planning process for a variety of projects; providing space planning, interior design, relocation and furniture support for corporate and regional operations.
- Develop facility and business knowledge as it relates to current space utilization and future planning
- Facilitate meetings with internal customers and document space requirements
- Create space plan options using Computer-Aided Facilities Management tools with the ability to apply innovative design solutions to difficult problems
- Collaborate with Facility Operations and Engineering on design development and pricing, as it relates to equipment maintenance and space alterations, including HVAC, Electric, Plumbing etc.
- Coordinate all efforts with respect to staff relocation, balancing the needs of the customer with the move schedule
- Prepare alternative space utilization plans to support building renovations
- Maintain master floorplan file database (AutoCAD and PDF), ensuring accuracy and consistency
- Specify, procure and manage the delivery and installation of furniture
- Monitor and manage furniture inventory and disposal of surplus assets
- Build furniture vendor relationships, monitor internal customer satisfaction, escalate and resolves issues
- Maintain and administer furniture and finishes standards consistent with facility master plan
- Support company’s ergonomic program and ensure consistent application
- Assist Engineering and Construction project managers
- Provide team leadership and oversee department projects
- Keep current with space planning trends and industry standards
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Interior Design or equivalent in a related field
- 2 - 4 years’ experience with comprehensive knowledge of space planning, relocation and furniture
- Excellent service, negotiation, collaboration, and organizational skills are required in this customer-facing role
- Demonstrated ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents, including contracts, leases and service agreements
- Knowledge of and experience with office finishes, furniture solutions and asset management.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Computer Aided Facilities Management (CFAM) applications.
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills.
- Ability to facilitate group discussions, problem-solve and make recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively across functional teams.
- Must be self-directed and organized with the ability to track timelines on multiple projects.
- Capable of writing clear, concise comprehensive reports.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience with space planning in a research environment.
- Experience with building restacks requiring the use of swing space.
- Experience with WebCentral and ARCHIBUS.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers