Senior Interdiction and Border Security Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Protection Operations Specialist IV – Senior Interdiction and Border Security (IBS) Analyst on a current/active contract team. This position located at MacDill AFB, Tampa FL.
The Senior IBS Analyst works in support of the US Central Command (USCENTCOM) Plans, Strategy, and Policy Directorate, CWMD Division, Partner Nation Capability Branch (PNCB). The candidate serves as the Office of Primary Responsibility (OPR) for all bi-lateral and multi-lateral events in support of the Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD)/Cooperative Defense Programs (CDP).
The Senior IBS Analyst will coordinate with Security Assistance Offices to ensure that CDP activities are integrated with and fully support the U.S. Government Guidance and the USCENTCOM Theater Security Cooperation Plan. The analyst will also maintain a continuous liaison with other HQ USCENTCOM staff offices and Service Component Commands. The IBS Analyst will integrate CDP activities across directorates and with components. The analyst will routinely access and update the Global Theater Security Cooperation Management Information System
The Senior IBS Analyst will serve as a subject matter expert for the Interdiction and Border Security Technical Working Group and will provide IBS technical advice to assist partner nations develop a response strategy or course of action to enhance border security and prevent smuggling activities through partner nations. The IBS Analyst will make recommendations on existing and new Interagency/International engagements related to expansion and implementation of specific instruments that increase security and decrease proliferation of WMD. They will also provide recommendations to Partner Nations for IBS plans and policy applications as well as the sequence and timing of key IBS events to exercises and recommends methods of evaluating the effectiveness of planning actions for bilateral and multilateral exercises.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- A Bachelor's degree in a related, applicable discipline from an accredited college or university and ten or more years of qualifying experience may be substituted for the twelve years or more experience.
- Ten years or more of qualifying military or government experience including a demonstrated knowledge of DOD and experience supporting senior level government agency(s).
- Must be a US citizen with a current DOD Top Secret clearance and ability to gain and maintain SCI as a condition of employment.
- Working knowledge of the DoD and applicable programs and experience with operations within a 4-star geographic combatant command.
- Must be able to frequently travel to domestic and international locations (primarily Middle Eastern countries). Estimated travel percentage is 25%-50%. Overseas trips may require 20+ hours of one-way travel and an ability to operate in austere environments.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Adobe Acrobat products.
- LAUTENBERG AMENDMENT: This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- A Master's degree in a related, applicable discipline from an accredited college or university and five or more years of qualifying experience may be substituted for the ten years or more experience.
- Previous experience on a Combatant Command staff (military, government civilian, or contractor)
- Previous experience on the USCENTCOM staff
- Joint Staff experience
- Knowledge of the Theater Security Cooperation Management Information System (TSCMIS)
- Experience in the Military Decision-Making Process
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers