Cyber Forensic Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Cyber Forensic Analyst. This position is in Columbus, OH. Come in for an interview to find out why Battelle is right for you.
Do you like solving the hardest computing problems in the world, working on research projects you are passionate about, and competitive mini basketball, and bumper pool? Battelle may be the company for you.
Battelle Cyber Engineers solve the toughest Computer Science problems in the world. We work in small agile teams to push the bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered computer labs include specialized software and hardware, so our engineers have everything they need to invent new Cyber solutions.
Our team is casual. We usually wear t-shirts and jeans. We are a close-knit group and enjoy participating in social activities outside of work. Whether it is visiting local restaurants, bowling, Korean BBQ, or paintball we always have a good time.
Battelle is committed to its employee’s professional growth. We encourage new ideas with our large Internal Research and Development (IRAD) program where engineers work on projects they are passionate about.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Collaborate with the Cyber Innovations Team and Corporate Information Technology Team
- Provide solutions to an extensive range of complex issues
- Interact with clients, make presentations of proposed activities, project progress or results as appropriate
- Collaborate with, train, and/or direct the work of other staff
- Collects data using a combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes
- Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensures maximum operations
- Provides imaginative, thorough and practicable solutions to a wide range of difficult technical problems
- Analyze data provided from other departments/customers to evaluate the severity/magnitudes of events to determine if an incident occurred and an appropriate and calibrated response in the event of a confirmed incident
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years’ experience in Computer Science or related field of study
- Ability to code in C, C++, or C#
- Experience with network protocols and analysis (Wireshark, tcpdump, libpcap, etc.)
- Experience working with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch, etc.)
- Incident Response and intrusion detection system (IDS) experience.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, switches, routers, firewalls, VPN, and encryption
- Experience with DevOps tools (Ansible, Docker, etc.)
- Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving, and teamwork skills
- Must be a sole US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience with a diversity of hardware/software/Operating Systems.
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM).
- Experience with security tools and practices from; Anti-Virus, host based, and Network traffic.
- Security certifications (e.g. Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), or GIAC) based on DOD 8570 requirements
- Active Secret or Top Secret clearance
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.