Software Test Engineer
Battelle’s founding mission guides its investment of our knowledge, talents, and resources helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail. We invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation tackling critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Software Test Engineer. This position is located in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
Battelle’s Critical Infrastructure and Security Resilience Business Line is seeking a Software Test Engineer responsible for leading software testing projects to ensure that information systems, products and services meet organizational standards and end-user requirements. Leads the testing of complex production software ensuring quality through use of automated and manual system tests.
- Develops, modifies and evaluates requirements ensuring testability, test cases, and test plans defining the approach to test software on multiple large and complex projects.
- Creates and maintains testing process for evaluating hardware, software and related documentation.
- Conducts evaluations isolating and documents problems. Works with development team to resolve complex problems. Reports progress on problem resolution to management and clients.
- Authors and communicates test reports ensuring conclusions and recommendations are supported by the test results.
- Selects appropriate testing methods and techniques to effectively and efficiently ensure proper testing. This includes automated unit testing and usability testing.
- Communicates and coordinates with managers, team leads and clients to build alignment between cross-functional groups
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 5 or more years of experience in testing complex software systems including components such as graphical user interfaces, databases and desktop and web solutions.
- Experience with automated unit testing, system testing, and usability testing
- Good understanding of object oriented programming and relational database design
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Sole US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain an Active DOD Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain TSA Suitability
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Relevant certifications
- Familiarity with DHS SELC
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers