Senior Software Developer
Battelle’s founding mission guides its investment of our knowledge, talents, and resources helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail. We invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation tackling critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Senior Software Developer. This position is located in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
Battelle’s Critical Infrastructure and Security Resilience Business Line is seeking a Senior Software Developer supporting multiple government programs and internal research and development. This work includes software application and interface development, data management solutions, and customized image processing tools. Our government clients include the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) as well as some international governments and clients.
This position will support application design, implementation, and testing. Primary responsibilities include:
- Object oriented analysis, design, and implementation of .NET/C++/java applications including client/server, web based and n-tier applications
- Unit, integration, and system testing and debugging of applications
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering)
- 8 years of experience in objected oriented desktop and web development – C#, java, C++, ASP.NET, java server pages, HTML and CSS.
- A portfolio of source code demonstrating development experience and capabilities required.
- Candidates should expect to write code during the interview process.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and ability to work in cross-functional team
- Relevant certifications such as MCSA
- Sole US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain an Active DOD Secret Security Clearance and ability to obtain TSA & DHS Suitability
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Specialized training in topics such as Agile and cybersecurity
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers