FPGA / ASIC Synthesis Designer
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a FPGA / ASIC Synthesis Expert to support our Cyber Trust and Assurance business. This position is in Columbus, OH. Come in for an interview to find out why Battelle is right for you.
Do you like solving the hardest computing problems in the world, working on research projects you are passionate about, and competitive mini basketball, and bumper pool? Battelle may be the company for you.
For 20 years, Battelle has been trusted by elite government clients to solve some of the world’s hardest security problems. We work in small agile teams to push the bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered computer labs include specialized software and hardware, so our engineers have everything they need to invent new Cyber solutions.
Our team is casual. We usually wear t-shirts and jeans. We are a close-knit group and enjoy participating in social activities outside of work. Whether it is visiting local restaurants, bowling, Korean BBQ, or paintball we always have a good time.
Battelle is committed to its employee’s professional growth. We encourage new ideas with our large Internal Research and Development (IRAD) program where engineers work on projects they are passionate about.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Collaborate with the Trust and Assurance team on projects targeting electronic devices, integrated circuits, and embedded systems.
- Identify and articulate strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions and problem approaches during technical discussions.
- Works with internal stakeholders to support preparation of presentations and reports. May be called on to provide input, perform demonstrations or present on assigned tasks during customer meetings.
- Contribute to Internal Research and Development (IRAD) studies and may lead small IRAD tasks.
- Prioritizes and completes structured assignments with mentoring from senior staff. May seek guidance in identifying subsequent tasking.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- 2 – 9 years’ experience in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related technical area
- 5 years’ experience in integrated circuit design and fabrication.
- Firm understanding of FPGA and/or ASIC design flows.
- Ability to develop and work with Register Transfer Level (RTL) design and netlists.
- Solid understanding and experience with FPGA/ASIC synthesis tools such as Xilinx Vivado/ISE, Altera Quartus, Cadence, Synopsys, etc.
- Must be a sole US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related field with 0 - 6 years of experience, PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related field of study with 0-2 years of experience
- Project experience in timing analysis and closure, verification, and system integration with 3rd Party IP.
- Ability to generate verification test benches for simulating and validating designs.
- Experience in data mining and machine learning
- Experience in reverse engineering integrated circuits.
- Firm understanding of VHDL and/or Verilog hardware description languages.
- Familiarity with Python, TCL, C/C++, or C#
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers