Veterinary Anatomic Pathologist II
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Veterinary Anatomic Pathologist II. This position is located in West Jefferson, OH.
Battelle, a preclinical contract research organization (CRO), is seeking an experienced Veterinary Anatomic Pathologist to join a team of board certified veterinary pathologists. The primary function of this role is to perform microscopic slide interpretation and prepare pathology narrative (may include photographs) of results.
The successful candidate will provide: anatomic pathology interpretation of results, oversight of necropsies as needed, and responsible for ensuring continued regulatory compliance in an evolving anatomic pathology department. The department has primary focus in the evaluation and reporting of anatomic pathology data generated from a variety of standard and non-standard laboratory species from non-clinical safety/efficacy studies.
- Perform research with minimum of direction and complete projects within time and budget constraints.
- May supervise work of technicians; however, major portion of time is direct research.
- Reports to Pathology Manager.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Board Eligible under American College of Veterinary Pathology (ACVP) rules.
- Doctor in Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent education.
- Experience in collaboration with discovery and regulatory scientists and benchmarking/implementing state of the art clinical pathology technologies.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be willing to work in a biosafety level 2 (BSL2) and/or 3 (BSL3) environment and able to wear appropriate respiratory protection.
- Must be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved vaccines and medications recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposure of biological agents
- Must be willing to participate in periodic drug screening.
Additional requirements may be requested at a future date:
- Ability to obtain/maintain certification in Chemical Personnel Reliability Program and/or Biological Personnel Reliability Program.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DoJ Security Risk Assessment (SRA) approval.
- Ability to obtain/maintain CDC Select Agent Program approval.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience (clinical and/or anatomic pathology) with the National Toxicology Program (NTP).
- DVM AND PhD preferred.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers