Failure Analysis Technician
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Failure Analysis Technician. This position is in Beavercreek, OH. Come in for an interview to find out why Battelle is right for you.
Do you like solving the hardest computing problems in the world, working on research projects you are passionate about, and competitive mini basketball, and bumper pool? Battelle may be the company for you.
Battelle Cyber Engineers solve the toughest Computer Science problems in the world. We work in small agile teams to push the bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered computer labs include specialized software and hardware, so our engineers have everything they need to invent new Cyber solutions.
Battelle is committed to its employee’s professional growth. We encourage new ideas with our large Internal Research and Development (IRAD) program where engineers work on projects they are passionate about.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Collaborate with the trust and assurance team to assess the security, reliability, and trustworthiness of electronic devices, integrated circuits, and embedded systems
- Responsible for operation of laboratory equipment including Focused Ion Beam systems, Scanning Electron Microscopes, and integrated circuits (IC) sample preparation equipment
- Understand and follow all health, safety, and environmental procedures and requirements
- Complete complex tasks under minimal supervision or guidance. Plan and perform project work from a basic understanding of objectives and work statements. Track progress against identified milestones and report to supervisor any deviations from the plan.
- Work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment, creativity and initiative are required to identify the problem and provide input into a solution.
- Perform moderately complex analysis to verify the accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of project work. Contribute to the technical planning of project work including recommending and implementing improved methods for new approaches.
- Train and guide staff members in order to complete work assignments. May act as a working leader by assigning and reviewing work of less experience staff members
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Must be a sole US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance.
- High School Diploma in a Science, Math, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training / experience or a related discipline or relevant experience working as a senior level technician
- Experience working in an analytical laboratory
- Demonstrated ability of mechanical aptitude including ability to learn, use, and maintain equipment and machinery
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and procedures to complete tasks and required documentation; demonstrate solid work performance in an environment requiring high level of attention to detail and timeliness
- Ability to demonstrate good organization, communication, problem-solving and teamwork skills
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Technical/Associates Degree in a Science, Math, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Semiconductor Manufacturing or a related discipline
- Experience using SEM, FIB, TEM sample preparation, layer by layer delayering.
- Experience working in an analytical laboratory, preferably related to failure analysis, materials science, inorganic chemistry or semiconductor manufacturing
- Experience with mounting, polishing and evaluation of samples
- Familiarity of Semiconductor processes
- Familiarity of one or more analysis methodologies used in failure analysis for state-of-the-art semiconductor manufacturing
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.