Knowledge Management Expert
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in human health, security, environment, and energy. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Knowledge Management Expert. This position is located in Charlottesville, VA.
The Battelle Advanced Analytics and Health Research (AAHR) group is seeking a Knowledge Management Expert to join a team of researchers located in Charlottesville, VA. Someone in this role is expected to:
- Develop strategies for managing information and content critical for client/mission success and improvement.
- Identify and exploit opportunities to capture and utilize resources that would help clients improve their business, scientific, and technical processes and become more efficient.
- Work with teams of other specialized individuals, including software developers, research scientists, and data scientists to develop effective knowledge management process and software solutions
- Demonstrate capabilities working with clients and building long-lasting relationships.
AAHR supports government, academic and private industry clients in the areas of healthcare, national defense, environmental, education, transportation, and energy.
- Participate in multiple, assigned research projects with minimal supervision and within time and budget constraints
- Support and participate in requirements capture and development activities to document project needs
- Support and participate in creating knowledge management designs that include knowledge capture, storage, transfer, and workflow automation capabilities
- Perform and lead knowledge acquisition activities to capture client requirements and collect feedback on system designs and development
- Analyze and present qualifications of knowledge management solutions to internal stakeholders (project teams and management) and to clients
- Create progress reports and presentations, describing knowledge management solutions in a clear and effective manner
- Assume a leadership and management role, when appropriate, for the stated job responsibilities
- Support and actively contribute to business development efforts
- Plan and carry out appropriate professional self-development activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- PhD or MS degree in a scientific or technical field, OR a Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific or technical field AND 3 years of applicable experience
- Experience working with clients to capture knowledge management requirements
- Experience developing system requirements with detailed content management and workflow functionality
- Experience developing knowledge management designs and presenting them to stakeholders and clients
- Strong analytical, multi-tasking, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel for project needs
- Attention to detail and adaptability
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS ARE DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience managing projects and/or leading teams to design and develop knowledge management solutions
- Expertise with RDF, OWL, other similar semantic technologies
- Experience developing user interfaces, such as dashboards or visualizations, to convey important details about data captured and stored in a knowledge management solution
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers.