Senior Principal Business Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make organization more effective and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Senior Principal Business Analyst with a strong financial consulting background. This senior level position is for full-time work at the Pentagon, Arlington, VA. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided.
As a Senior Principal Business Analyst, you will perform as a “thought leader” as a part of a “talent advantaged” team of experts and staff focused on delivering advanced and significant business reform initiatives working directly with the Business Technology Officer of the Office of the Department of Defense (DoD) Chief Information Officer (CIO). You will perform DoD wide complex business and financial analysis of multiple high impact and sensitive information technology (IT) and cyber system investments. You will develop and deliver high impact and innovative DoD IT system financial and management reformation recommendations and strategies to DoD executive leadership.
- Lead efforts to define a complete and structured inventory of DoD business and cyber related systems through an analysis of DoD systems of record addressing IT assets, applications, financials, contracts, and manpower, creating a business system portfolio baseline.
- Lead IT systems portfolio analysis to assess business system effectiveness, challenges and weigh policy, strategic and risks choices. Develop and maintain a Business System Rationalization Roadmap that will serve as a management tool to guide policy efforts, acquisition planning, and concrete recommendations for improving business systems and underlying processes while balancing performance risks.
- Lead analysis to identify IT system rationalization/reform candidates.
- Leverage experience with financial management/general ledger/financial audit practices and or financial aspects of commercial acquisitions and mergers to lead the development of executive level IT reformation recommendations and strategies.
- Lead quantitative financial business analysis and data mining activities to inform business IT and cyber portfolio reformation recommendations and strategies.
- Draw from understanding of Battelle business offerings and strategic growth vision to contribute to the development of strategic plans and support successful, ongoing business development efforts. Coordinates and participates in Battelle-sponsored marketing events or conferences and plays an active role in identifying, cultivating, and capturing major business opportunities. Key contributor to Battelle proposals development efforts.
- Provide strong mentoring, technical guidance and direction to staff and develops individualized staff professional development programs.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Bachelor’s Degree with 10-15 years of professional experience with direct experience in either business, financial, IT portfolio, cyber portfolio, business reform or commercial financial merger and acquisition analysis (or equivalent demonstrated experience)
- Strong financial analytical skills
- Excellent executive level oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience working in collaborative sessions demonstrating strong and tactful negotiation skills
- Strong project and task management skills and experience to deliver executive level high-quality work products on-time
- Adaptable and agile, capable of working in a dynamic environment with frequently changing tasks and priorities
- Highly skilled user of Microsoft Excel
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance
- Ability to travel 10%
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Master’s Degree with 7-11 years professional experience
- Experience with DoD business processes, budget cycles, IT system portfolio, cyber portfolio and DoD acquisition processes and strategies
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers