Principal Cyber Advisor
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Principal Cyber Advisor with a strong technical consulting background in cyber security analytics. This position is for full-time work in Alexandria, VA at our government client site. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided.
As a Principal Cyber Advisor, you will perform as a “thought leader” as a part of a “talent advantaged” advanced team of cybersecurity experts and staff focused on delivering advanced risk based technical architecture and policy solutions for the DoD CIO. You will perform complex analysis of high impact and sensitive systems to identify and analyze Department of Defense (DoD) information technology (IT) systems and business processes. You will develop innovative management policy documents, strategies and procedures allowing the integration of cyber operations consistent with Department of Defense guidance and strategies.
- Provides technical expertise in the fields of cyber security and data analytics in support of major DoD programs and systems development
- Applies scientific expertise in defining and resolving system issues, perform analysis and develop plans and requirements in the subject-matter area for complex systems.
- Manages and coordinate the preparation of analyses, evaluations, and recommendations for proper implementation of programs and systems
- Leads expert level research and analysis of emerging technologies and methodologies relating to the protection of the defense critical infrastructure sectors. Technology could include network development and analysis tools, failure modeling and simulations, analysis of data streams, development of new affordable, transportable utility components, telecommunications, blast analysis and protection, and surveillance methods and technology.
- Leads expert level research of the national and international infrastructure (i.e., computers, electronic communications systems, electronic communication services, wire communication, and electronic communication, including information contained therein) requirements of industry and other Government agencies, for consideration in the protection planning
- Leads expert level research and develop requirements for web based enterprise level Informatics dashboards to enhance the ability of DoD CIO to access critical data in a manner that supports individual analyses to cut costs, streamline operations, and fuel continual process improvements
- Leads expert level research, design, prototyping and development of IT data analytics solutions that efficiently and effectively mine data in multiple databases/systems to convey true meaning of integrated data and to combine geospatial data with business data (e.g., financial execution of budgets) to inform DoD CIO decisions regarding overall execution
- Coordinates integration of cyber risk with non-cyber Enterprise risk. Plans Cyber risk assessments and develops custom risk assessment methodology. Conducts Enterprise Cyber risk assessments and directs junior staff in the identification and collection of risk relevant data. Identifies cyber risk areas and data for collection. Collects and correlates cyber risk data as part of project team
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of Cyber and IT Laws, Regulations, Guidelines & Standards. Directs and mentors junior staff to shape client deliverables and presentations. Shapes complex enterprise and security architecture recommendations to balance security effectiveness; compliance with Cyber and IT Laws, Regulations, Guidelines & Standards; and enterprise return on investment. Contributes expert knowledge and recommendations during strategic cyber policy client working groups
- Draws from understanding of business' product offerings and strategic growth vision to contribute to the development of a strategic plan and support successful, ongoing business development efforts involving Cyber programs. Coordinates and participates in Battelle-sponsored marketing events or conferences and plays an active role in identifying, cultivating, and capturing major business opportunities. May participate in scientific conferences, peer review panels, and increases company visibility through publications
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- 10 -15years of IT experience with 5 years of experience in applied cyber security and data analytics or equivalent and BS degree
- Or 7- 11 years of IT experience with 5 years of experience in applied cyber security and data analytics or equivalent and MS degree
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance with the ability to be cleared to TOP SECRET
- Strong project and task management skills and experience to deliver high quality work products on-time
- Strong analytical and writing skills with history of producing quality technical documentation
- Proven experience working in collaborative sessions demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills along with tactful negotiation skills
- Ability to travel 15%
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience with DoD business processes
- Doctor’s Degree with 4-9 years of IT experience, Cyber Security or related field
- Industry certification in cyber security (CISSP or equivalent)
- Familiarity with DoD Joint Information Enterprise (JIE)
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers