Cyber Security Systems Analyst
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Cyber Security Systems Analyst with a strong technical consulting background. This position is for full-time work in Alexandria, VA at our government client site. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided.
As a Cyber Security Systems Analyst you will perform as a “thought leader” as a part of a “talent advantaged” advanced team of cybersecurity experts and staff focused on delivering advanced risk based technical architecture and policy solutions for the DoD CIO. You will perform complex analysis of high impact and sensitive systems to identify and analyze Department of Defense (DoD) information technology (IT) systems and business processes. You will develop innovative management policy documents, strategies and procedures allowing the integration of cyber operations consistent with Department of Defense guidance and strategies.
- Analyze and define Information Assurance security requirements for Multiple Security Level (MSL) systems and non-MLS systems. Design, develop, engineer, and implements solution to MLS and non-MLS requirements.
- Serve as Team Lead for the Cyber Security and Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Team and direct execution of team to accomplish client tasking
- Identify critical DoD assets and infrastructures and provide assurance through research, analysis, assessment, and remediation.
- Research and develop CIP Strategies for 6 defense critical infrastructure sectors (Transportation; Global Information Grid/Command & Control; Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance; Space; Logistics; and Industrial Base)
- Address the assurance and protection of commercial assets and infrastructure services in DoD acquisitions
- Assess the potential impact on military operations that would result from the loss or compromise of DoD infrastructure services
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- 6-12 years of experience with 5+ years DoD IT experience or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) in IT or related field
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance with the ability to be cleared to TOP SECRET
- Experience with DoD specific cybersecurity policies and procedures
- Strong project and task management skills and experience to deliver high quality work products on-time
- Strong analytical and writing skills with history of producing quality technical documentation
- Proven experience working in collaborative sessions demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills along with tactful negotiation skills
- Ability to travel 15%
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Supervisory/team leadership experience
- Master’s Degree with 4-9 years of experience
- Industry certification in cyber security (CISSP or equivalent)
- Familiarity with DoD Joint Information Enterprise (JIE)
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers