Principal Cyber Advisor
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Principal Cyber Advisor with a strong technical consulting background in data analytics and visualization. This position is for full-time work in Alexandria, VA at our government client site. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided.
As a Principal Cyber Advisor you will perform as a “thought leader” as a part of a “talent advantaged” advanced team of cybersecurity experts and staff focused on delivering advanced risk based technical architecture and policy solutions for the DoD CIO. You will perform complex analysis of high impact and sensitive systems to identify and analyze Department of Defense (DoD) information technology (IT) systems and business processes. You will develop innovative management policy documents, strategies and procedures allowing the integration of cyber operations consistent with Department of Defense guidance and strategies.
- Provide technical expertise in the fields of data analytics and visualization in the support of major DoD programs and systems development.
- Apply scientific expertise in defining and resolving system issues, perform analysis and develop plans and requirements in the subject-matter area for complex systems.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation of analyses, evaluations, and recommendations for proper implementation of programs and systems.
- Lead expert level research and analysis of emerging data analytics tools, techniques, and procedures to identify best practices and innovative solutions toward the improvement of efficiency and effectiveness in DoD business processes and systems.
- Lead expert level continued development and operation of client’s deployed data analytics tools, data visualization capabilities, and decision support environment.
- Lead expert level research, ongoing prototyping, and evolution and improvement of the existing senior DoD official dashboard and data visualization capability that presents information on the expenditure of funds within the functional areas of financial, manpower, IT systems, contracts, and facilities to support the decision making processes of the Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Lead research regarding an integrated persistent data storage and data normalization platform for the analysis of disparate data sources.
- Lead research and analysis to support implementation of an analytical environment and tool suite for detailed analysis and synthesis of DoD Component and Enterprise-level data.
- Lead research and analysis to support data ingest, aggregation, normalization, and computationally informed synthesis and visualization.
- Lead expert level research and development of web based enterprise level Informatics dashboards to enhance the ability of DoD CIO to access critical data in a manner that supports individual analyses to cut costs, streamline operations, and fuel continual process improvements
- Coordinate integration of cyber risk with non-cyber Enterprise risk. Plans Cyber risk assessments and develops custom risk assessment methodology. Conducts Enterprise Cyber risk assessments and directs junior staff in the identification and collection of risk relevant data. Identifies cyber risk areas and data for collection. Collects and correlates cyber risk data as part of project team
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Cyber and IT Laws, Regulations, Guidelines & Standards. Directs and mentors junior staff to shape client deliverables and presentations. Shapes complex enterprise and security architecture recommendations to balance security effectiveness; compliance with Cyber and IT Laws, Regulations, Guidelines & Standards; and enterprise return on investment. Contributes expert knowledge and recommendations during strategic cyber policy client working groups
- Draw from understanding of business' product offerings and strategic growth vision to contribute to the development of a strategic plan and support successful, ongoing business development efforts involving Cyber programs. Coordinates and participates in Battelle-sponsored marketing events or conferences and plays an active role in identifying, cultivating, and capturing major business opportunities. May participate in scientific conferences, peer review panels, and increases company visibility through publications
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- 10 -15years of IT experience with 5 years of experience in applied data analytics and visualization and BS Degree or equivalent
- 7- 11 years of IT experience with 5 years of experience in applied data analytics and visualization and MS Degree or equivalent
- Active DoD SECRET Clearance with the ability to be cleared to TOP SECRET
- Strong project and task management skills and experience to deliver high quality work products on-time
- Strong analytical and writing skills with history of producing quality technical documentation
- Proven experience working in collaborative sessions demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills along with tactful negotiation skills
- Ability to travel 15%
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience with DoD business processes
- Doctor’s Degree with 4-9 years of IT experience, Data Science or related field
- Familiarity with DoD Joint Information Enterprise (JIE)
- Familiarity with Hadoop big data environment
- Industry certification in cyber security (CISSP or equivalent)
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers