Manufacturing Co-op/Intern (Spring & Summer 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Co-op for the Spring and Summer Semesters of 2018. The selected coop candidate will work full-time at our Dublin, Ohio location.
The Manufacturing Engineering Co-op/Intern will be a key member of the manufacturing engineering team on business-critical projects that support quality and productivity improvements of our products and processes. Battelle Manufacturing builds everything from circuit cards to full-up electronics, precision moving assemblies, customized vehicles, electromechanical systems, the application of micro-scale custom mesh, autonomous sensors, vehicle telematics, and even accept special requests such as building an elastic payload launching sling for an aircraft. The intern will have the opportunity to be a team member and/or lead projects within this group.
Support Manufacturing and Quality Engineering and Production through completion of tasks as assigned in the following areas:
- Design/build fixture and test equipment
- Development/refinement of work instructions
- Design/refine assembly processes
- Implementation of Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- New product manufacturing introduction
- Troubleshooting of electronic and mechanical assemblies
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Student must be currently working towards a Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Manufacturing, Mechanical or similar Engineering Area with at least one year of academic classes completed
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Basic Understanding of Engineering Drawings. Ability to use AutoCAD or similar CAD software to produce detailed drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Proven high degree of personal motivation and discipline to perform duties with minimal direct daily supervision
- High level of independent thinking and resourcefulness to develop and propose solutions to problems
- Ability to provide well organized and thorough summary and detail information on projects or elements of projects for project updates/reviews
- Ability to interface with various levels of staff from other engineers, to management, to production assemblers
- Ability to successfully prioritize and work multiple tasks concurrently
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret Security Clearances
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers