Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Quality Engineer. This position located in Columbus, Ohio.
- Lead manufacturing process risk assessments to proactively implement controls into the build process.
- Work closely with receiving inspection personnel to develop inspection plans for critical features.
- Conduct internal audits of the Quality Management System and lead efforts to address findings.
- Play an active role in the supplier selection, evaluation, and surveillance processes.
- Interface with suppliers on part quality issues including issuance and review of supplier corrective actions.
- Develop, collect, monitor, and communicate metrics related to supplier performance.
- Develop, collect, monitor, and communicate key process metrics for continuous improvement. Use these measures to initiate and lead process improvement activities.
- Interface with internal and external customers and respond to concerns in a timely manner, including authoring corrective and preventive actions.
- Actively support proposal activities and contract reviews to assure adequate quality planning for a successful manufacturing launch.
- Additionally, the selected candidate may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; moderate travel required (not likely to exceed 25%).
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- BS in engineering or a related technical field
- 5-8 years of experience in quality or process engineering, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to integrate information from multiple sources and multi-task effectively
- Ability to effectively communicate and team with a wide variety of individuals from technicians to executive level staff
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of ISO, AS9100, or ISO 13485 Quality Management System Requirements
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other QMS software (e.g., Pilgrim).
- Must be a US Citizen
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Experienced in commercial and government contract work
- Experience with statistical process control
- Able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
#linkedin #clearance #indeedcampaign