IT QA and Test Engineer Intern (Summer 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Information Technology QA and Test Intern for Summer 2018. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
We are seeking QA/Test Intern to work with our Shared Services IT team made up of test engineers, business analysts, developers and project leaders. This individual will be a part of a team and will participate in project activities that complement academic training. The intern will have daily interaction with IT staff to gain practical experience, perform a number of functions in a training capacity utilizing their technical, organizational, and administrative skills. The intern will work on assignments where judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. In addition, gathering and organizing data for use in supporting decision-making processes is essential.
- Run quality assurance programs to test, identify, reproduce and report defects in software
- Document basic problems and work with development team towards resolution. Report progress on problem resolution to lead testers
- Run and conduct routine software tests
- Update test scripts as directed by lead testers
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Currently enrolled in a four-year college degree program working toward a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, MIS, Computer Science, or related field. Applicant must be at least a rising sophomore.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Knowledge of Information Systems principles and methodologies
- Possess a basic understanding of computer information systems (hardware and software)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) applications is a plus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Detail Oriented
- Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work under moderate supervision
- Ability to multi-task and manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to support others, share accountability and be able to adapt to change
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain or maintain security clearances
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Knowledge/experience with C++, C#, Python and other programming languages is desired but not a requirement for this position
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers