Maritime Systems Software Engineering Intern (Summer 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
Our Maritime Systems group is currently seeking a Software Engineering Intern for Summer 2018. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
The Software Engineering Intern will support Battelle’s Maritime Systems business that specializes in the design, development, test, and production of complex electronics and software systems.
- Participate in the full lifecycle development of products, including custom software using various software languages including C, C++, C# and Java
- Work independently and as a member of a multi-functional, dynamic team
- Provide engineering support to technical staff and managers as required on client projects
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering with at least 18 months of undergraduate coursework completed
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Programming experience with C, C++, C# or Java
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office application software
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude and eagerness to take on technical challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- U.S. citizenship is required, with the eligibility to obtain and maintain required government security clearances as a condition of employment
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Applicants available for more than one work term will be given preference
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers