Information Management Research Intern (Summer 2018)
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
The Environment Business Line is currently seeking an Information Management Research Intern for Summer 2018. This position is located in Norwell, Massachusetts.
Battelle’s Environment Business Line in Norwell, Massachusetts performs environmental science with particular emphasis in marine science, and environmental data management. We development and operate database and web systems for the management of analytical chemistry, biology, fisheries, and health data from large environmental field investigations including oil spill, environmental remediation, and environmental monitoring programs.
- Work with an experienced data management team to support client work products, and research investments.
- Provide support to environmental projects specifically related to data management.
- Work semi-independently on data-driven web application development projects under the direction of an experienced task leader.
- Conduct technical work and produce quality results in a timely manner.
- Support the development of project reports, PowerPoint presentations, and tools for environmental projects.
- Support data handling needs for field sampling programs for state- and federal-client programs.
- Assist in the development and implementation of internal research and development projects that enhance capability and/or support the development of new technical approaches.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Junior or Senior level undergraduate student currently enrolled and majoring in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Evidence of good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Available to work 32-40/week
- Proven ability and willingness to quickly learn new skills.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Classes or experience in database management systems (Oracle, SqlServer, SQL)
- Classes or experience in environmental science, marine science, chemistry, biology, fisheries, or related fields.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers