Senior Accountant-Manufacturing & Leasing
Senior Accountant for Manufacturing & Lease Accounting
Performs general cost accounting tasks of intermediate complexity such as product costing, inventory control and reconciliation, variance analysis and internal reporting for various manufacturing operations.
Communicates financial performance results with Management. Responsible for lease accounting of various facilities.
- Supports manufacturing operations with cost accounting, inventory control, and variance analysis
- Maintain cost records for raw and finished inventories within an ERP system environment
- Review system generated journal entries for accuracy
- Analyze cost variances that deviate from standard costing
- Prepare internal financial statements and internal reports for manufacturing operations
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for manufacturing operations
- Formally present results of operations to Management, explaining variances from budget
- Prepare routine journal entries and/or interact with staff responsible for making entries
- Reconcile inventory accounts on a regular basis
- Reconcile leased facility liability accounts on a regular basis
- Perform physical inventories at manufacturing locations
- Create accounting rules for ERP system to apply to specific transactions
- Process transactions in a leased accounting management system
- Prepare graphical representations of performance metrics
- Locate sources of errors revealed through trial balance or other records; trace transactions to determine source of errors.
- Collect and assemble financial records for auditors; compile documentation for governmental or regulatory reporting purposes.
- Acts as liaison with both internal and external parties to resolve accounting and costing issues.
- Ensures accounting practices are within Battelle guidelines, applicable accounting standards, and applicable law.
- Maintain accurate, complete and current files; sort, file, locate, reorganize and retrieve materials
- Other duties will be assigned as required
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree with an Accounting major
- 5 years of accounting, finance or equivalent experience and education
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- One-two years cost accounting experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Experience with lease Accounting
- Experience with PeopleSoft or other ERP systems
- CPA or CPA eligible, and working towards obtaining CPA