Business Development Manager
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Business Development Manager. This position located in Arlington, VA.
Battelle's Health and Consumer Solutions (HCS) Business Unit is seeking candidates for a Business Development Manager in Health Research. This individual will lead business development efforts of health policy, health research evaluation, data science and analytics. Target clients include Social Security Administration, Food & Drug Administration, National Institutes of Health, SAMHSA and Military Health Systems and Defense Health Agency. He/she will work within a Business Development (BD) unit to provide business development support to all the business lines and resource groups within the HCS Business Unit. Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Lead focused account reviews to maintain effective communication and collaboration with senior HCS staff who are supporting business development efforts;
- Lead efforts in developing a solid pipeline of qualified opportunities within our client base to support the HCS BU in meeting its sales goals and growth initiatives
- Provide SME leadership and support to policy and health research projects;
- Collaborate closely within the HCS BD team to grow new business.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with a broad range of potential clients (e.g. HHS, DOD-MHS/DHA, partners).
- Some travel is required for client visits.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in health policy, health management, health services research, or related field.
- At least 10 years of experience conducting and directing health research projects
- At least 5 years of experience focused on business development within the federal or commercial healthcare, life sciences, regulatory sciences and/or government contracting markets.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers