Capture Program Manager
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Capture/Program Manager. This position located in Arlington, VA.
Battelle's Health and Consumer Solutions (HCS) Business Unit is seeking candidates for a Capture/Program Manager in Healthcare Quality Products and Services, as it relates to CMS. This individual will lead capture efforts for healthcare quality improvement services and analytics related to healthcare quality and also support technical research and evaluation in the area of healthcare quality measurement and improvement for CMS. He/she will have specific familiarity with Medicare and Medicaid and general knowledge of the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). He/she will work within the Business Unit to provide capture and program management support to all the resource groups within the H&A Business Line. Additionally, the individual will lead and support technical work related to healthcare quality research. Specifically, the successful candidate will:
- Lead capture efforts to help secure opportunities at the CMS in healthcare quality and health services research;
- Support focused account reviews to maintain effective communication and collaboration with senior HCS staff who are supporting business development efforts;
- Provide technical leadership and support to healthcare quality measurement and improvement projects for clients such as CMS.
- Collaborate closely within the HCS BD team to grow new business.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with a broad range of potential clients within CMS.
- Limited travel for role as position will be assigned to the metro Washington, DC area and specifically Battelle’s Colonial Place Office, located in Arlington, VA.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in health management, health services research, or a related health field such as one of the social sciences.
- At least 15 years of experience conducting and directing healthcare quality improvement projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work well in teams
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Current knowledge and expertise related to government healthcare programs, initiatives, and strategies and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Expertise in Lean Six Sigma.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from the Project Management Institute PMI
- Current or past work on federal government contracts and/or grants, including significant technical contributions to healthcare-focused projects
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers