Senior Compensation Consultant
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Senior Compensation Consultant. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
Develops and implements Battelle’s compensation policies and programs as well as recommends revisions and/or additions. Responsible for effective compensation services and consultation in support of multiple functional areas. Identifies opportunities and leads projects and initiatives. Analyzes complex Compensation programs and designs, recommends and implements solutions. Provides guidance and mentors Compensation staff in performance of tasks in support of the Director, Compensation & HRIS.
- Conducts special analytical studies and develops presentations on a wide range of compensation related areas in order to develop and make recommendations and revisions to Compensation policies. May oversee participation in internal and external salary surveys.
- Develops the salary structure and other compensation programs including, but not limited to, recognition and rewards, incentive compensation (IC), long-term incentives (LTI) and executive pay. May oversee complex compensation programs.
- Advises and consults with HRBPs and all levels of management in compensation matters such as application of compensation policy, compensation planning, market and equal pay adjustments, international compensation, and other salary issues, such as hires, promotions and merit increases. May provide special support to managers of offsite operations in compensation matters.
- May apply and integrate predictive analysis, people metrics, and reporting to develop strategic and operational insights for workforce decision making. Compiles, analyzes, and prepares data for presentations to senior leadership.
- Audits jobs for content and prepares job descriptions reflecting responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
- Performs job evaluation of positions and application of existing classifications to individuals with respect to tasks to be performed, FLSA compliance, qualifications of employee, and company policy and budgetary limitations.
- Plan and implement compensation planning process and audits compensation plans for budget and policy compliance. Analyze data and prepare presentation for senior leadership.
- Establish guidelines for the evaluation of positions and applications of existing classifications to individuals.
- Develops internal training and communications programs and materials assessing needs within the organization, determining appropriate vehicles for communications and conducting training sessions as required.
- Oversees responses and responds to requests for information from internal and external auditors.
- May train and provide guidance and direction to other Compensation staff.
- Evaluates and recommends software system needs of the Compensation function.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in business administration, human resources management or a related field and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in compensation; or a minimum of four (4) years of experience with a master’s degree in business administration, human resources, finance or a related field.
- Must have proficient experiences in all compensation methodology and practices.
- Must have proficient knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Davis-Bacon and Service Contract Act.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) is desired.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers