Principal Program Manager
Battelle’s founding mission guides its investment of our knowledge, talents, and resources helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail. We invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation tackling critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Principal Program Manager. This position will be located near Panama City, FL.
Battelle’s Transportation Security Business Line provides research development test and evaluation (RDT&E) services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
The successful candidate will serve as the single point of contact for all operational and administrative aspects of the Explosives and Equipment Characterization (ExEC) Program. The Principal Program Manager will be the person within the Tyndall Reactive Materials Group (TRMG) with authority for all company obligations under this contract. Responsible for ensuring a qualified and competent scientific and technical staff is in place to support DHS for each task identified for this effort and ensure all group activities are coordinated with, and in support of, the DHS program office, monitoring all program expenditures to ensure the TRMG stays within budget projections, regularly consult with DHS program office to keep them abreast of all issues, ensue all contract deliverables are prepared, reviewed, and submitted to DHS on time, reflecting an accurate description of every facet of the ExEC effort.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience with leading and managing a team of technicians in the execution of project work usually related to operations with explosives including but not limited to HME synthesis; handling of HMEs and conventional explosives; storage; transport; and range operations.
- Proven history of providing first point of contact in a government and/or military setting. The candidate must be fully capable of performing effectively as the primary technical interface to various entities to include but not limited to DHS, TSA, Tyndall AFB, and other inter-agency staff.
- The ability to work in a matrixed workplace recognizing that Explosives Operations Technicians will be matrixed to other technical leads in support of activities and deliverables that the manager is not directly responsible for. However, their involvement is desired due to their experience and knowledge of safety during explosives operations.
- Experience with creating reports for both internal and external customers.
- Experience with creating standard operating procedures.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Good computer skills including but not limited to basic PC operation, MS Word, MS Excel, and copying of large datasets to external USB storage devices.
- Travel up to 25%.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Proven experience and knowledge of Tyndall AFB operations and its chain of command.
- Knowledge of licenses required to manufacture explosives on Tyndall AFB or other DHS sponsored sites.
- Prior experience working for TSA or DHS in the test and evaluation of security technologies
- DoD Secret security clearance, DHS Suitability, TSA Suitability
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers