Battelle’s founding mission guides its investment of our knowledge, talents, and resources helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail. We invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation tackling critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Lead Technician. This position may be located near Panama City, FL or Huntsville, AL.
Battelle’s Transportation Security Business Line provides research development test and evaluation (RDT&E) services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA). The Lead Technicians will have 5+ years’ experience operating and maintaining the Yxlon X-ray Micro Computed Tomography (Micro-CT) and demonstrated experience using TSA Screening Equipment, trained explosive handler, hold a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) for transportation of Hazardous Materials, be certified for Department of Transportation (DOT) hazardous materials transportation, serve as the primary component of the location’s explosives detection systems (EDS) scanning and data collection efforts, be the primary quality control (QC) analyst, be responsible for loading explosive threats into test articles according to prescribed test protocols, downloading scanning data, and preparing data for transfer, assist EDS vendors by performing maintenance and troubleshooting, and perform safety monitor duties during explosive operations.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Graduate of a military EOD School of the United States with the following exceptions.
- The ability to work in a matrixed workplace recognizing that Explosives Operations Technicians will be matrixed to other technical leads in support of various activities and deliverables.
- Experience with contributing to both internal and external customers.
- Experience with contributing to standard operating procedures.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Good computer skills including but not limited to basic PC operation, MS Word, MS Excel, and copying of large datasets to external USB storage devices.
- Ability to obtain a commercial driver’s license,
- Travel up to 25%.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Prior experience working for TSA or DHS in the test and evaluation of security technologies.
- DoD Secret security clearance, DHS Suitability, TSA Suitability.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers