Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy, and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Developer II. This position located in Charlottesville, VA.
The successful candidate will be proficient in all tasks including familiarity with the development lifecycle of software applications (including but not limited to performance, scalability, security, testing, monitoring, maintenance, issue identification, issue resolution and backup creation). The successful candidate must show an interest in learning, the ability to work well in a team environment, and be comfortable speaking in front of their peers and government clients.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of tailored software applications by working independently or as part of a team
- Provide advanced data analysis and modeling to include the physical and logical design of databases
- Develop conversion and system implementation plans
- Interact with end-users to validate business requirements against technical implementation plans
- Conduct performance evaluations of programs and participate in resolution of any issues
- Participate in project teams delivering new business functionality
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 2+ years of experience in application and database development in Agile Development Environments
- Experience with scripting and program languages (e.g., C#, .NET, Java, Microsoft IIS, jQuery, T-SQL, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well at various levels of the organization
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET Clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Master’s Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline OR a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related Discipline with 5+ years of experience
- Understanding of Microsoft WCF Services
- Experience with JIRA and/or Subversion
- Demonstrated technical writing skills, shown by articles published in technical journals, reports, thesis, etc.
- Currently possess a DoD TS/SCI clearance with a Counter Intelligence polygraph
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers