IT Security Analyst II
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a IT Security Analyst II. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
This position is focused on selection, configuration, operation, and maintenance of the security infrastructure protecting Battelle’s enterprise. Additionally, this position advises management and serves as a security resources on large internal and cross functional projects. This position researches, evaluates, and stays current on emerging security tools, trends, policies, best practices. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with the Security Operations Center, Testing & Evaluation, Incident Response, Policy and Planning, and Information Technology teams.
- Support for security applications and infrastructure
- Design, build, test, implement, document, and maintain security tools
- Develop needs, assessments, and evaluate new technologies
- Monitor, respond, and resolve systems and security application issues
- Recommend and implement improvements to security systems
- Test software and solutions, and provide results and implementation documentation
- Develop and implement vulnerability scan remediation plans
- Interface with external vendors, resolving technical issues, and maintaining relationships
- Perform after hours on call duties
- Collaborate on projects and security operations within CIT and IT teams, and the various Battelle business practices
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent and 2-5 years of experience OR at least 6 years of experience in security engineering, network administration, and systems administration.
- Experience installing, upgrading, troubleshooting, configuring, administering, and enhancing core security infrastructure hardware and software.
- Leverage product APIs to extend capabilities with at least one of the following: Bash, Python, Perl, Powershell, VB script, Ruby, Java.
- Ability to automate tasks with scripts.
- SIEM administration, analyzing logs, creation of correlation rules, user of regular expressions.
- Extensive knowledge with Linux and Windows Server.
- Direct experience with mail gateways.
- Experience with administration of enterprise security tools (e.g. IDS, SIEM, email gateways), especially endpoint protections (AV, HIPS, encryption, DLP).
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Current active clearance or willingness to obtain DOD Secret Clearance.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Advanced knowledge of application and system penetration testing.
- Experience working on an incident response teams.
- Security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, GSEC).
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers