Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a full-time Test Engineer. This position is located in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
Battelle’s Transportation Security market segment provides research and development test and evaluation services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), and Transportation Security Administration (TSA). We are looking for a Researcher to support our Hardware Engineering group at the Battelle Support Facility (SF), Egg Harbor Twp, NJ, TSA Systems Integration Facility (TSIF) located at the Ronald Reagan Nation Airport, Arlington, VA. and at the DHS’s Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL), located at the William J. Hughes Technical Center, Egg Harbor Twp, NJ. This position will support the following activities: test article development and manufacturing, test article maintenance and validation activities, quality assurance, quality control, process engineering, process improvement, customer requirement verification and validation, development of customer requirements, delegation of procurement and inventory processes, and case-by-case hardware design and manufacturing for various projects Battelle leads for these and many more developing clients.
This position will include leadership of technicians to facilitate mostly all of the activities listed above. New and innovative ideas to help us improve not only our existing test article and hardware designs but also new development activities based upon our client’s requirements is a must. We are looking for a self-motivated individual who will learn our business quickly and efficiently and is willing to work in a team of Project Leads, Project Managers, and other peers to increase the quality of our products while decreasing the overall cost. This position will also include consistent collaboration with our Software Team Lead and Software Team Members as many of our client’s new requirements involves a piece of hardware working side-by-side with developed software.
Other T&E support activities will occur at the TSL including developmental test and evaluation support for various security technologies.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- BS in Engineering or Science with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience or a MS in engineering or science with 0-3 years of experience.
- Candidates should have strong oral and written communication skills, be team oriented, detail oriented, very well organized, customer focused and be able to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Candidates should have experience in the 3D modeling program SolidWorks; be able to read, understand, and generate Engineering Technical Data Packages (TDPs) including 2-D manufacturing drawings, data lists, and spreadsheets; process engineering and process improvement; quality control; leadership; testing; test results documentation and reporting; test design and planning including test fixture design and development to support related test events.
- Capable of traveling up to 25%.
- Sole US Citizenship with eligibility and willingness to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance and to obtain both TSA and DHS Suitability.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience in test and evaluation of other security technologies such as Explosives Detection Systems, Advanced Technologies, Advanced Imaging Technologies, and Explosives Trace Detection technologies.
- Experience with 3D printing and other 3D tools in today’s market.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers