Software Systems Engineer
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Software Systems Engineer. This position is in Springfield, VA. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided. Relocation support is available.
The Software Systems Engineer will support Battelle’s Cyber Innovations group. For 20 years, we’ve been trusted by elite government clients to solve some of the world’s hardest computing problems. We work in an agile teams and are always looking for new, creative ideas and passionate problem solvers.
From research to development to operational deployment, we provide focused expertise and solutions to develop rapid prototypes and advanced technological solutions for special mission deployment. Instead of providing solutions to every cybersecurity challenge, we apply our very unique capabilities in cyber software and embedded systems, and especially at the intersection of those two domains, to custom projects from silicon though worldwide networks.
The selected candidate will be an integral part of an accomplished team of cyber experts in both hardware and software; and will have opportunities to work closely with physicists, mathematicians and other scientific experts from across Battelle.
Battelle continuously invests in industry-leading facilities, tools and employees’ professional growth, including a large internal R&D program and access to yearly professional training —to invent and advance innovative technologies and to attract and keep the industry’s best talent. Our high-powered labs include specialized software and hardware, so our team can push the bounds of computer science and engineering.
The team is casual, close-knit and enjoys participating in social activities outside of work. Join us!
- Support project, proposal and internal development efforts for complex software tool development supporting major systems and subsystems
- Manage and track systems requirements
- Develop and implement Systems Engineering Management Plans
- Develop and implement Test and Evaluation Plans
- Develop and document software tool system/subsystem architectures
- Support configuration management software and issue tracking software
- Support development of test automation to facilitate formalized acceptance testing
- Perform technical management support to program manager
- Provide expertise in software design, or an engineering specialty related to software systems.
- Provides consulting leadership by identifying clients’ technical needs, coordinating with other Battelle experts and staff as appropriate, and delivering results to address client challenges
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Requires at least a B.S. in a relevant field and experience in systems engineering,
- Requires at least 7 years of software and system engineering experience for federal programs; experience as a Federal contractor is considered a plus
- Candidates must possess sufficient communication skills to effectively interact with senior management and scientific staff internally and within client organizations, subcontractors, and consulting forums.
- Specific working knowledge of systems engineering standards, processes, and tools.
- Functional knowledge of CNO technology.
- Must be a US citizen with an active Top Secret clearance and the ability to maintain that clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- M.S. in a computer science, computer engineering, or systems engineering with 4 years experience
- International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE) Certification
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers