Cyber Embedded Systems Engineer III
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Cyber Embedded Systems Engineer III. This position is in Dayton, Ohio. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience. A full benefits package will be provided. Relocation support is available.
The Cyber Embedded Engineer will support Battelle’s Cyber Innovations group. For 20 years, we’ve been trusted by elite government clients to solve some of the world’s hardest cyber problems. We work in small agile teams and are always looking for new, creative ideas and passionate problem solvers.
From research to development to operational deployment, we provide focused expertise and solutions to develop rapid prototypes and advanced technological solutions for special mission deployment. Instead of providing solutions to every cybersecurity challenge, we apply our very unique capabilities in cyber software and embedded systems, and especially at the intersection of those two domains, to custom projects from silicon though worldwide networks.
The selected candidate will be an integral part of an accomplished team of cyber experts in both hardware and software; and will have opportunities to work closely with physicists, mathematicians and other scientific experts from across Battelle.
Battelle continuously invests in industry-leading facilities, tools and employees’ professional growth, including a large internal R&D program and access to yearly professional training —to invent and advance innovative technologies and to attract and keep the industry’s best talent. Our high-powered labs include specialized software and hardware, so our team can push the bounds of computer science and engineering.
The team is casual, close-knit and enjoys participating in social activities outside of work. Join us!
- Collaborate with the trust and assurance team to assess the security, reliability, and trustworthiness of electronic devices, integrated circuits, and embedded systems
- Responsible for operation of laboratory equipment including laser systems, Focused Ion Beam systems, Scanning Electron Microscopes, and (IC) sample preparation equipment
- Perform and support digital forensics
- Conduct and / or participate in assigned technical tasks and activities with minimum supervision and within time and budget constraints
- Perform assigned tasks and activities in a timely manner and within the budgeted time or cost
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, Materials Science, or related field of study
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in integrated circuit design, fabrication, or failure analysis OR minimum 5 years’ experience in reverse engineering integrated circuits
- Experience with Optics, Lasers, Photon Detectors, Electronic Test/Measurement
- Working knowledge with Focused Ion Beam (FIB) operation and capabilities and Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) operation and capabilities
- Expertise/familiarity with device physics
- Expertise/familiarity with failure analysis tools, techniques, and processes
- Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary environment
- Organize and follow standard operating procedures and health and safety guidelines
- Sole US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience with Trusted Electronics, Hardware Security
- Experience with Failure Analysis
- Experience with IC Imaging Techniques
- Experience with the one or more of the following techniques: LIVA, OBIC, EBIC, Microscopy
- Experience programming with Python, Matlab. Labview, C
- Demonstrated experience modifying ICs using FIB to add or remove material and build additional functionality
- IC Design and/or Fab Experience
- Technical and team leadership skills
- Advanced Degree (MS or Ph D.) Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, Materials Science, or related field of study.
- DoD Secret security clearance
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers