Cyber Full-Stack Developer
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Full-Stack Developer for full-time employment. This position is located in Columbus, Ohio.
Working as a Software Developer for Battelle’s Cyber business unit to develop and building full-stack web applications including infrastructure tools, system deployment, testing, data analytics and visualization, user interfaces, and automated processing modules. Should be interested in network architecture and protocols, scalable internet application infrastructure, and API design.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Containers (e.g. Docker)
- High level software languages (Python preferred, or demonstrated Java, C#, C++, Go, Haskell, Rust)
- System deployment using IT infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible
- Database implementation, ORM, and API design (e.g. PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy)
- Unix/Linux system administration in cloud environments (e.g. vCenter, AWS; Ubuntu, Centos, SELinux)
- Source code control (e.g. Git)
- ElasticSearch / Kibana and/or Solr
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field of study?
- 4-9 years of relevant work experience
- Experience writing and debugging software code.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain required government security clearances.
DEMONSTRATED EXPERIENCE WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Shell scripting (bash)
- Web-server configuration (e.g. NginX)
- Machine learning
- Web browser automation (e.g. Selenium) or web-application testing
- Web proxies
- Continuous integration / automated testing (e.g. Jenkins)
- Proposal authoring
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers