Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager for IT
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in human health, security, environment, and energy. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Strategic Sourcing Manager to support IT categories. This position is located in Columbus, OH.
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for strategic sourcing initiatives of medium to high risk for telecommunications (wireless/voice/data), client computing (hardware and software), and business applications. The position will serve as a leader and mentor within Strategic Supply Services.
- Leads the planning of negotiation strategies for medium to high risk hardware, software and telecommunications contracts for quantifiable cost savings and efficient utilization of services. Negotiates and manages contract terms and conditions, cost savings, and performance standards to meet desired outcomes.
- Organize, initiate, plan, track and manage process optimization projects. Recognize and analyze problems, risks and issues. Apply change management techniques. Understand dependencies. Identify, assess, evaluate and document risk factors and changes. Assure projects are completed within schedule and cost objectives.
- Develop category and vendor strategies proactively through on-going market and spend analysis of telecom wireless/voice/ data services, client computing hardware/ software/services and business application software.
- Build strong, balanced relationships with suppliers and internal clients at management and executive levels.
- Develop and document project plans for strategic sourcing events. Maximize supplier base leverage and reduce supplier base where necessary.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of Battelle management. Regularly develop and communicate business cases, project plans, project status updates and outcomes.
- Provide leadership and strategic plans for market analysis, sourcing, implementation, financial accounting and controls for Information Technology categories. The analysis will include support for business decision-making, ensure risk mitigation and cost optimization.
- The Sr. Strategic Sourcing Specialist must have an expert understanding of contract language and negotiation strategies for pricing, risk and contract management. This individual will provide direction to the implementation of systems and controls to improve efficiency and manage spend for the category.
- Lead critical supplier interactions to ensure that supplier performance meets financial and operational objectives.
- Reviews procurement activity for Information Technology categories to ensure that buying is constantly reappraised on a competitive basis, and is consistent with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR's), Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), other regulations and laws, generally accepted business practices, ethics, etc.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Qualified candidates must have Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or a related degree.
- At least 12 years of experience in a strategic sourcing category leadership role supporting all areas of Information Technology.
- Expert contract development and negotiating skills for pricing, technology upgrades, schedule creation, termination formulas, service level development and ongoing contract performance.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills; analytical and problem solving skills; proven communication and time management ability.
- Strong financial analysis, project management, and experience negotiating with large providers of Information Technology products and services.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS ARE DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- MBA preferred
- Prior experience developing contracts and negotiating with large technology companies.
- ISM, CPM or CPSM certification
- Prefer to have knowledge of ITIL - Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, or disability. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers