Registered Nurse/Clinical Research Nurse
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse. This position located in Baltimore, Maryland.
We are currently seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to work on a full-time basis, Monday-Friday approximately 8am-5pm. No evenings, weekends, or calls are expected. The position will be located in Baltimore, MD. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with the development, planning, and execution of each clinical research project. Responsibilities include:
- Provides clinical nursing and administrative support for the operation of the Human Exposure Assessment Laboratory (HEAL) in Baltimore, MD
- Provides medical support and technical expertise in the development and execution of public health clinical research studies
- Demonstrates knowledge of research methods and data management
- Contributes to and reviews IRB submissions
- Participates in clinical research activities, administers research protocols, interacts with study participants, takes blood samples via IV catheters and butterfly needles, takes heart rate, blood pressure, and other physiologic measures, ensures informed consent and compliance with study protocols
- Assesses participants for any adverse events or concerns they may have, and records information/data into a study database
- Contributes to recruitment strategies and ensures initial & ongoing eligibility of participants for each assigned research study
- Consults often with principal investigators, project managers, and laboratory manager; apprises them of project status
- May engage in data entry and quality control of participant study data
- May collaborate in the development and writing of protocols and consent forms, as appropriate
- May conduct literature reviews or perform other research support activities
- May participate in or assist with the coordination of conferences and client meetings
- This job position has the potential for growth into a more supervisory laboratory role as determined by the demonstrated skills of the candidate over time
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing AND current RN licensure in the state of Maryland
- Minimum of 2 years clinical RN experience either within a hospital setting or clinical research facility; experience running Phase I clinical trials
- Must possess basic skills in clinical nursing including drawing blood with butterfly needles and IV catheters; taking heart rate, blood pressure, and other physiologic measures
- Ability to work in a complex research setting with personnel from diverse disciplines
- Certification or ability to be certified in CPR, First Aid, use of AED
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess and maintain certification to conduct human research such as HIPAA and CITI training
- Superior organizational, clinical management, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- 6 or more years of related experiences as described in the job description.
- Demonstrated ability to write small technical reports, publications, and proposals
- Demonstrated research experience in examining data from clinical studies
- Clinical research experience
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers