Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking a full-time Researcher. This position is located in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
Battelle’s Critical Infrastructure Security Resilience business line provides research and development test and evaluation services to the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
We are looking for a Research Associate to support test and evaluation activities at the DHS’s Transportation Security Laboratory (TSL), located at the William J. Hughes Technical Center and support across our Transportation Security Administration (TSA) contracts involving field testing at US airports around the country. This position will support the following activities: test planning and design, test coordination, test conduct, data reduction and analysis and test reporting of all TSA security technologies.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- The candidate must have at least a BS in mechanical, chemical, or materials engineering, physics, or chemistry from an accredited college or university.
- Experience required is 3-5 years of technical work experience.
- Candidates should have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates should have excellent computer skills with some familiarity with multiple operating systems (e.g. Linux, Unix, Windows).
- Candidates should have significant experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Candidates should be highly motivated and self-starters with a strong desire to learn.
- The candidate must be able to travel. Travel is expected to be at least 25%.
- Sole US Citizenship with eligibility and willingness to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret Security Clearance and to obtain both TSA and DHS Suitability.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
“Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected classes covered under federal or applicable state and local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.”
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers